Professional Fees Data
This page contains links to all the data files created in connection with the study of bankruptcy professional fees reported in Lynn M. LoPucki & Joseph W. Doherty, Professional Fees in Corporate Bankruptcies: Data, Analysis, and Evaluation (Oxford University Press, 2011). To understand the files, begin with Figure 2.2. Data Flow Map. The map shows the flow of data through our process and how the files relate to one another. The descriptions below relate to that map.
- The Bankruptcy Research Database is availible online or in Excel format.
- The main spreadsheet for the study.
- The 2009 Fee Predictions spreadsheet.
- The Stata do files.
- The Stata and non-Stata Figures and Tables are in Professional Fees in Corporate Bankruptcies: Data, Analysis, and Evaluation (Oxford University Press, 2011).
- The Fee Objections Database (in Microsoft Access) can be downloaded from this page. It contains the Fee Applications and Fee Objections tables and the queries by which they were organized for purposes of analysis.
- The Figures and Tables spreadsheets are organized by the chapter of the book in which they appear.
- The Variable Names database can be downloaded from this page.
- FOIA request reported at page 164, note 35 of Professional Fees in Corporate Bankruptcies.
- Documents relied on in the studies
Routine Illegality in Bankruptcy Court, Big-Case Fee Practices, 83 American
Bankruptcy Law Journal 423 (2009), Routine Illegality Redux, 85 American
Bankruptcy Law Journal, -- (2011), and in Chapter 11 of Professional Fees
in Corporate Bankruptcies (2011).
- The fee applications and orders for the 102 cases we studied can be downloaded as a single, 1.7 GB zip file. They are organized by case name below.
- aaiPharma Inc.
- Adelphia Communications Corp.
- Alliance Entertainment Corp.
- Allied Holdings, Inc.
- American Banknote Corporation
- APS Holding Corp.
- ATA Holdings Corp.
- Bethlehem Steel Corp.
- Boston Chicken, Inc.
- Bradlees, Inc. (1995)
- Breed Technologies, Inc.
- CellNet Data Systems, Inc.
- Choice One Communications, Inc.
- Cityscape Financial Corp.
- Collins & Aikman Corporation
- Comdisco, Inc.
- Conseco, Inc.
- ContiFinancial Corp.
- Creditrust Corporation
- Crown Pacific Partners L.P.
- Delta Air Lines, Inc.
- Drug Emporium, Inc.
- Encompass Services Corporation
- Enron Corp.
- Farm Fresh, Inc.
- First Merchants Acceptance Corporation
- FLAG Telecom Holdings, Ltd
- FLYi, Inc.
- Foamex International, Inc. (2005)
- Focal Communications Corporation
- Friedman's Inc.
- Fruit of the Loom, Inc.
- Geneva Steel Company
- Genuity Inc.
- Global Crossing Ltd.
- Golden Books Family Entertainment, Inc.
- Grand Union Company (1998)
- Greate Bay Hotel & Casino, Inc.
- Guilford Mills, Inc.
- Hayes Lemmerz International, Inc.
- Heartland Wireless Communications, Inc.
- Home Holdings, Inc.
- Imperial Sugar Company
- Inacom Corp.
- Integrated Health Services, Inc.
- IWO Holdings, Inc.
- Kenetech Corp.
- Key Plastics L.L.C.
- Kmart Corp.
- Leasing Solutions, Inc.
- Levitz Furniture Incorporated.
- Loewen Group International, Inc.
- McLeodUSA Incorporated (2002)
- Medical Resources, Inc.
- Metals USA, Inc.
- Metromedia Fiber Network, Inc.
- Mirant Corporation
- Montgomery Ward Holding Corp. (1997)
- National Steel Corporation
- Northwest Airlines Corporation
- NTL, Inc.
- Oakwood Homes Corporation
- Oglebay Norton Company
- Oxford Automotive, Inc.
- Pacific Gas & Electric Co.
- Paging Network, Inc.
- Pegasus Gold, Inc.
- Philip Services Corp. (1999)
- Pinnacle Holdings, Inc.
- Plaid Clothing Group, Inc.
- Pliant Corporation (2006)
- Polaroid Corp.
- Prime Succession, Inc.
- Purina Mills, Inc.
- Refco Finance Inc.
- Salant Corp. (1998)
- Silicon Graphics, Inc.
- Southern Pacific Funding Corp.
- Special Metals Corp.
- SpectraSite Holdings, Inc.
- Stratosphere Corp.
- Sunbeam Corporation
- Sunterra Corp.
- Talon Automotive Group, Inc.
- Trans World Airlines, Inc. (2001)
- UAL Corporation (United Airlines)
- Ultimate Electronics, Inc.
- Unison Healthcare Corp.
- United Australia/Pacific, Inc.
- US Airways Goup, Inc. (2002)
- US Airways, Inc. (2004)
- USInterNetworking, Inc.
- Venture Stores, Inc.
- Vista Eyecare, Inc.
- Warnaco Group, Inc.
- Westbridge Capital Corp.
- WHX Corporation
- Williams Communications Group, Inc.
- Winn-Dixie Stores, Inc.
- Wireless One, Inc.
- WorldCom, Inc.
- XO Communications, Inc.
The BRD is supported by grants from these organizations:
In funding the Success Modeling Project, these organizations do not endorse or express any opinion about the approach used by the project, or any conclusions, opinions, or report of any research results expressed in or disseminated by the project.